Sunday, March 18, 2007

blog #001 >>about me

Hello,
My name is Theresa and I am from the exciting, little town of Boring. I have a fairly large family who's fun to be around, and no pets. However, if I had a pet, I wouldn't want a normal pet. I would want something unusual. Like a lobster or something like that, and I'd give him a cool name like Oscar or Hobart, after the dishwasher.
For some overall information about me: I like tea (very much) and miss coffee (every now and then). I tend to ramble when I write. I'm a bit forgetful, but once I learn something I never forget it (unless it's a number). I don't have a head for numbers. I'm also terrible at anything athletic, except badminton and croquet, at which I am mediocre.
I'm a graphic designer who spends a little too much time on the computer. (which I enjoy more than I'll usually admit). And it must be said, that I love what I do for a living. I'm an excellent designer and if you don't believe me then check out my website: www.roaringdesign.com. I also love reading, astronomy, calligraphy, cooking, sewing, and drawing, which provides a sometimes wanted escape from the glowing box (with the alphabet buttons and clicky thingy) in corner of the room.
I tend to be reserved unless you know me well, in which case I am probably more boisterous than you would like me to be. I love to listen in on other people's conversations. So if everyone is being quiet and not talking then I'll be very outgoing and start as many conversations as I can. Then once everyone is talking I can just sit back, listen and comment every once in awhile.
I like old things very much and I sometimes wish I were born in 1944 instead of 1984... Such simpler times. I think I would miss microwaves though, and possibly post-it notes. However I definitely wouldn't miss the cell phone (unless my car broke down). But gas was so much cheeper back then. And people wouldn't look at me funny when I say things like, "Jimmeny Crickets!" and "That would be Swell!" I shop mainly at Good Will, thrift stores and antique stores. Why buy something new when you can buy the same thing that is old, used and with more style for less?
Well, I guess that's me in a nut shell, which is appropriate because anyone reading this by now probably thinks I'm a nut! Please if I haven't completely scared you off yet check out my blogs and other cool stuff.
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy,
Theresa

No comments: