Wednesday, December 26, 2007

blog #036 >> Happy Boxing Day
part 4: Christmas Crafts

As always, I like to make some of my gifts. I would have blogged about this one sooner, but you never know who might be watching.



This year I made some monogrammed towels for my dad's "new" 60's boat that he's been restoring this winter. The boat's name is Lone Star so of course it needs to say that in the towels that hang in the cabin. But unfortunately I didn't realize how long it took to monogram that many letters into a towel by hand. I guess that's why monograms are usually one or two letters. Oh well, they look great so far even if I had to wrap up the half finished towel and thread.






My other crafty gift of the year was this stuffed Police Box for the neighbors whom I watch Dr. Who with. If you don't really "get" what it is, than sorry, I'm not explaining it. I had to work on it during the office Christmas party, and I got really tired of people asking, "What is that?" And then trying my best to explain exactly why Dr. Who needs a police box, and that it's not really a police box but actually a time machine/spaceship that he needs to travel through space and time. So, if anyone in that office ever had any doubt about how dorky I really am, they know now. But at least I have comfort in knowing that there where others in the office who took one look at it and said, "Hey, you're making a T.A.R.D.I.S. Cool! Watching old British men run from robots shaped like giant salt shakers, now that's quality television." So at least I know I'm not alone.

1 comment:

Leingang Family said...

I love the towels and Andy says, "they look great!" You did a great job! They will be perfect in the boat.