Sunday, January 6, 2008

blog #042 >> of Alice in Wonderland
& Mock Turtle Soup



Ever since I read Alice in Wonderland I wondered, "What is Mock Turtle Soup?" and "What is a Mock Turtle?" Is it a soup made from tofu that tastes like turtle? Is a Mock Turtle an type of bird related to a mocking bird or is it a type of turtle? So began my quest to find a recipe for Mock Turtle Soup. Last night I finally found a recipe, not online but in my old The American Family Cook Book.




I don't think it will be a recipe I'm going to try.
But it's fun to finally know what it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theresa, this is really good as my daughter has chosen to write about the Mock Turtle for a school project so, this recipe will be just that little extra to make it more interesting. Thank you, Maria