Monday, March 24, 2008

blog #069 >> Chickens n' Eggs

Wow, Easter was really busy... really fun. But really busy. And it didn't leave me much time to blog about it. Sunday, I went to church with my folks, and then I went to their house for lunch. We had one of my favorites: fritters. Then the whole family came for dinner and I didn't get home 'til late. So, I'm just going to post a bunch of photos.




Every year I blow some eggs to decorate. I used to decorate hard boiled eggs. But when you spend 4 hours on one egg, it kinda breaks your heart when they go rotten. Then one day someone told me you can just decorate an uncooked egg and with time, all the insides will evaporate through the shell. It seemed like a good idea. So I decorated a plain egg and let it sit on my desk. It was okay for a few months. Until I started noticing this smell in the corner... Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. So, now I blow them. And since nothing says, "Happy Easter" like Matryoshkas and Fighting Robots that was this year's theme. The blue robot is Space Robot 5: and the red one is Space Robot 6:.

And fake chocolate bunnies say, "Happy Easter" too.


And here are some Easter Egg creations from the past:





Nothing says, "Happy Easter" like the words, "Happy Easter!"
(They say Happy on the back.)


And eggs made entirely from sugar are pretty happy too.



And here's a picture of my brother and sister's new baby chickens.




Well, I suppose that's enough pictures for now.
Happy Easter! and He is Risen!
T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is Risen, Indeed!