Monday, July 7, 2008

blog #120 >> Catching Up

Whenever things are busy and I've got lots of cool things to blog about... I don't have time to blog. And when things are slow and I'm bored out of my mind and I've got plenty of time to blog... I can't think of anything to write about. And that's the curse of blogging.

So, I'm going to start catching up on some of my cool things to blog about.

First of all, I've got a new little niece!
My brother Frank and his wife Amy, had their first baby last Tuesday, July 1st on my dad's birthday. Her name is Ada Catherine and she was 6 lbs 15.5 oz and 20 inches long. She's got lots of dark hair, which my brother describes as a "baby comb over." She's very adorable, and we're all very excited and making a huge fuss over her.
(You can see more here at my sister's blog.)






p.s. Carrie, I'm sorry I stole you're picture, but it's the only one I could find with all three of them in it. :)

Actually, I'm afraid I've been a real slacker lately about taking pictures. I always remember my camera, but forget to use it! I just get so caught up in the moment I forget to step out for a second to document it. So actually all the following photos are compliments of my family. Thanks!

Also, it was "Little Yankee Doodle Dandy's" birthday on the 4th of July. Charlie got to celebrate his second birthday with trains and fireworks. He had a great time and got lots of toy trains and cake.

(Yeah! Cake and Candles!!!)


The Little Engine that Could Cake, it turned out great Amy!


Fireworks were very exciting this year despite the fact that we didn't have any major explosions or brush fires. We sprayed everything down with water of course before the fireworks started. And since my brother was busy at the hospital this year, we were down a few fireworks. We had a great show though, and a great family BBQ with fun games as well. I love the Fourth of July! (See more at my sister's blog here.)

The most dangerous fireworks of all.... Snakes!


They're so bright!


So that pretty much sums up July 1st-4th.
I hope everyone else enjoyed a "safe" Indedendance Day... but if you didn't have a safe holiday... I hope you enjoyed it anyhow! I'd love to hear your firework mishap/blowing stuff up stories! I'll save mine for another day.

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! It totally sums up an amazing fourth! Family, friends, and snakes! ;) Actually, it's funny because I almost started talking about snakes in my fourth of july post, but I didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about! Ha! I'm so glad you do!

Congrats on you beautiful little niece! What a sweetheart!

I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!