Sunday, October 5, 2008

blog #164 >> Decking the Halls

With Halloween stuff!
My Internet has been really feisty this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to slip this in before it goes out again. It has a mind of its own and right now it has a mind to quit working for hours after I've been online for five minutes. Anyhow this weekend has been my, "Let's decorate for Halloween!" weekend, and I must say the apartment is looking very spooky. I've been all over trying to get good ideas and bits and bobs to decorate with. Overall, I've been pretty disappointed with the Halloween "look" this year. I really like the old vintage things from the 50's and 60's but unlike Christmas decorations vintage Halloween decorations are ghoulishly expensive. So it's usually replicas for me, and this year they've been impossible to find. Some years everyone (even Target) has the vintage look. But it must be out this year. I went all over trying to find cute vintage things and the only place that had anything (that I've found so far) was the Tollgate Inn gift shop in Sandy. So if anyone (in their travels) sees cute vintage (50's) Halloween decor, let me know. And as soon as I get some pictures of my place I'll post them up. Meanwhile here are some pictures of us decorating the house when we were kids. And I'm just as messy decorating today as I was then.
T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are about 20 years old. I can't believe how fast the years go by. Thanks for the fun memories. LM

Leingang Family said...

Wow! Flashback 1980s! Great pics! Thanks for sharing! We just decorated for Halloween today.