Wednesday, November 5, 2008

blog #185 >> When the world seems to shine like a big pizza pie...


It seems I'm always making the same 5 things for dinner. And quite frankly, I'm kinda getting tired of always making those same 5 things. It's just I always end up needing to make things with the ingredients I already have. And I always have the ingredients for those same 5 things. So, I've decided I need to start thinking and buying ahead. I'm going through all my cook books, recipe cards, and allrecipes.com looking for those new and amazing things I can start making. This week I made pizza crust from scratch. It turned out pretty darn good. I added fresh orageno, rosemary and thyme along with dried basil and marjorum to the crust before I baked it. And for a topping I used browned butter and olive oil mixed with a couple cloves of caramelized garlic and colby-jack cheese and pepperoni. I think next time I make it though, I'll use the bread flour. This time I used regular flour, and it does seem a little tough and heavy. Or maybe I just mixed it too much, or didn't wait long enough for the yeast. But it did rise nicely, so I don't think that's it. (oh, and I dropped it on the floor when I was trying to do the fancy pizza thrower thing... don't try that.)
Next week I'm making French Onion Soup!
T

2 comments:

Leingang Family said...

Ooh! I just made French Onion soup on Tuesday. Zack and I love it! It is such a great comfort food for cold drizzly days. Let me know how it turns out.

By the way, your rice pudding looks great! If I liked rice pudding, I would make some. :o)

See ya Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! :) That looks lovely! And i love the tiny salad too! Looks full of flavor! :)

And... WHY do we have to wait till January for LOST? My wednesday's are pretty lame...