Saturday, April 11, 2009

blog #272 >> Making New Friends

Why is it when I find a slug in the garden I quickly relocate it to the city dump, but if I find a snail I think it's really cute and take it's picture? Really they're almost the same thing. A snail is just a slug with antennae and a shell. But that shell makes him really cute.

In fact, I've found a lot of neat bugs in the garden this week. But I'm having a hard time catching them to take their picture. Some are too quick, and some are too crafty and get out of the bucket when my back is turned. I saw a centipede last night, but it hurried off.

But this caterpillar and snail were both very slow moving and they managed to stay in one place long enough for me to go get the camera. The caterpillar was almost to the edge of the garden by the time I got back. But the poor snail was stuck going around in circles judging by his trail of slime. Now they're both happy over in the mossy corner again.



T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think. In a couple of months, there will be strawberries on those plants. Beautiful garden. LM