Thursday, August 27, 2009

blog #318 >> Replaced



When I got back to work today from my vacation, I was shocked to learn that I had been replaced by cardboard! Apparently, the Graphics Department got lonely and behind while I was away, so they created this cardboard cutout to act as my replacement until I returned. All I can say is the cardboard cutout did a terrible job in my place. My desktop was a mess and I don't think it checked my email even once while I was gone. I fired it promptly when I got back. But at least it gave Mary someone to talk to. And the likeness to myself is remarkable. From behind you'd hardly notice the difference. They also ran all my pens, pen-mug and teacup through the shrink-wrapper while I was away. It was kinda like Christmas getting to open all those little packages.

T

No comments: