Thursday, October 1, 2009

blog #340 >> Get a Handle on Chocolate Cake

Somedays all I really want for dinner is chocolate cake. And with this quick and easy 5-minute chocolate cake recipe, chocolate cake dinners are that much easier to obtain. I found this recipe a LONG time ago and finally got around to trying it. What I can't figure out is, why I didn't try it sooner? It's amazing!



5-minute CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 large mug (and I mean large, a sissy coffee mug will overflow) {Unfortunately for me "sissy" describes about 99.9% of the mugs and tea cups I own. So I had to choose very carefully. The batter should fill your mug about halfway.}
4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 large egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
1/4 cup chocolate chips (plus some extra for sprinkling on top when it comes out of the microwave)
a small splash of vanilla extract

1. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.

2. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

3. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.


4. Add the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla extract, and mix again. Mix the chocolate chips well, because mine tend to sink to the bottom. {Mine did.} If that happens just flip your cake over when you're ready to eat it.

5. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug and overflow if your mug is too small. You've been warned. remove from microwave and sprinkle top of cake with chocolate chips.

6. Allow to cool a little, and get closer to diabetes! I just eat it blistering hot, because I have no patience for things like cooling.

{Also, I feel like cakes need frosting, so I spread some microwavable hot fudge over the top.}

I found this on Underdeveloped in the Mind and and copied it nearly verbatim. She got this from La Fuji Mama. But I think it's been around for awhile.

ENJOY!
T

3 comments:

mae said...

love it. I can't wait to try one! This would be so much fun at get-togethers because everyone could make their own by adding fresh raspberries, caramel, or whatever they wanted. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'll try it and let you know what I think....LM

Mary Kelly said...

NOM NOM NOM