Friday, December 18, 2009

blog #364 >> Apple Candy Things

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in how these turned out. They're tasty and all, but I was expecting something more like Applets and Cotlets. Plus, they took FOREVER to make, as in over 12 hours to make. Next time I think I'm going to find a recipe that calls for pectin. I think that will give me the consistency I'm looking for. Even after baking them for over 4 hours they still weren't as firm as I wanted them. I ended up drying them in the food dehydrator for another 6 hours. And I'm always going to start out with some of my homemade applesauce. That's what I used for the apple cinnamon nut variety, and it turned out just as good as the other and it was a lot less work. I still have burns on my fingers from the first batch. Find the recipe here.







Enjoy!
T

No comments: