Tuesday, December 29, 2009

blog #371 >> Surprise! SNOW!

Yes, Portland had a surprise snow storm today. Generally, I like snow. It's pretty, white, and very nice, just so long as I don't have to drive in it. I really dislike driving in snow. And it's not so much that I'm bad at it, I just hate being around everyone else who is bad at driving in it. It took me 1.5 hours to drive the 3 miles back home from work today! It took me 15 minutes just to go 15 feet from 39th to my driveway! Plus someone rear ended me! If you can't drive in the snow, DON'T! I wish I hadn't left during rush hour. Traffic was unbelievable! I also realized that my little car does much better in the snow than I remember. I wish I could say the same for everyone else. I saw two little Toyota trucks spin out and do a complete cookie on the way home, one was on 39th. And the little car in front of me, on the hill at the green light, started to slide back down into me. Luckily, I had about two cars distances between us, and was able to get around her. And I don't mean to say that I'm all that great at driving in the snow... but at least I don't tailgate other drivers, or take off like a bullet and spin out at the green lights. But it did make me thankful to get home. And I built Fredrick the snowman to cheer me up. This educational video is for everyone driving in Portland tonight. WATCH IT! It could save a life.


Watch How to Drive on Snow and Ice (1957) in Entertainment  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com




Cheers!
T

No comments: