Saturday, January 16, 2010

blog #376 >> New Books

It's a new year, and what better way to celebrate than with new books!
Plus, it's my birthday, so obviously, I need birthday books.

Here are a few of the books I picked up at the book store in Estacada.




I was so excited when I found this one. I actually gasped as I grabbed it off the shelf, not that anyone else would have wanted it, but I was very happy to find it. I'm hoping this will pick up about the place the second vol. of The Last Lion drops off.

And it has an amazing book plate.


This is another great find from the Estacada book store. And I think it might be one of the most fascinating books I've ever read, although, I'm not sure how accurate any of it is. Ever since I've started reading it, I've been completely obsessing over people's handwriting. I'll look at the graffiti on the wall and think, "Wow, that person is really vain, with high goals that they're not very enthusiastic about."



And here's a copy of Rootabaga Stories I got for my birthday, it has some darling stories in it including...

The accordion playing potato faced blind man.

And it came complete with a reminder to wash your hands before reading.


And of course the best book of all My Bookhouse, In the Nursery, and I almost didn't get it! For some reason this one is MUCH harder to find that the rest of the set. Then I finally found one that wasn't outrageously priced on ebay, but unfortunately I hate Ebay. I'm not very good at it and I always feel like I'm driving the price up higher than I would if I knew what I was doing. But I did win it, just by a hair. And it was well worth the effort. It might be their best one, which probably explains why they're so rare.








So, in a few years I'm thinking my house might look like this:


or perhaps like this:


The well of books, and The Wall of Knowledge found here.

Cheers!
T

2 comments:

John said...

Happy birthday :-)

Mary Kelly said...

Oh you need to bring that handwriting book to work so we can analyze each other. That will give us SOMETHING to do.. hah