Monday, March 1, 2010

blog #388 >> Black Velvet

What do leopards, Jesus, Elvis, unicorns and really creepy clowns all have in common? They are all commonly portrayed in velvet paintings. Yes, velvet paintings.

I'm happy to say that I am now the proud receiver of one of these exquisite art pieces.
Bud, was gracious enough to bestow upon me one of his magnificent works, a black velvet "Evil Maria Robot" from Metropolis, for collecting some sticks for his frames. Had I known I was being paid in artwork, I would have looked harder for some better sticks! And the "Evil Maria Robot" is way cooler than any bull-fighting matador.

If you are interested in seeing more velvety artwork, I'd suggest visiting the Velveteria in Portland, Ore., but since they're closed, you'll just have to visit them online.






No comments: