Sunday, January 16, 2011

blog #438 >> Cool Things!

I know, two posts in one day! I feel like I need to make up for being a lazy blogger lately. This is a collection of cool things I've found on Google Reader recently. If you want to see more of these cool things you should follow me, I share lots cool things!

These are a few of the mind bogglingly awesome dioramas done by Lori Nix. See more of them at her website here.






• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Remarkable photos from Olivier Grunewald of blue lava from inside the sulfur mine Kawah Ijen, in Indonesia. See more here.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Here are some very cute children who are very puzzled by outdated technology. They're adorable, but they make me feel so old. "What's this? I don't know... A carpet?" (Don't worry it's subtitled in English.)



• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


This is so extraordinary! I would totally buy stock in this company if I could! It's a 3D printer called Thing-O-Matic! It can print just about anything from a chess set to a coat hanger in 30 minutes. I am so impressed with this, it makes me want to go back to school and major in 3D modeling software. What would be even cooler is if you could throw the plastic back into another machine and then reuse it. They need to start working on that. Buy your very own here for only $1225.



• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

And this is the house of my dreams found on Retro Renovations. Unfortunately, it's on the wrong side of town and about 1/2 million more than I can afford. But it's absolutely stunning with a huge backyard.



• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Now I'm not really one for staying out all night drinking, but this looks like a cocktail lounge that even I would enjoy. Anyplace that has a phone booth for an entrance has to be pretty remarkable inside. Found at SuperPunch and you can read a full review here and see their official website here.



• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Not that I need another waffle iron, but if mine ever breaks down... I'm getting one of these!
Found here at Happy Things!


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

While moving on to other delicious things to eat. I can't wait to try these Earl Grey Cupcakes. Trina made me some for my birthday and I'm sure they're going to be as fantastic as I think they will be! Cooked up by The Food Librarian see recipe here.



I also want to try her recipe for homemade mochi...mmmm... it all sounds so good!




Enjoy!
T

1 comment: