Sunday, March 6, 2011

blog #448 >> New Skirt

I'm trying to get caught up on my sewing projects. I keep on buying more fabric to start more projects, but I haven't even started the projects I already have fabric for. So no more! It's time to start sewing! This is the skirt I made from some pretty lace curtains. I bought the curtains at "The Bins" the same time I bought the bedspread that I turned into a robe, and the ties for the tie skirt. I love how this one turned out, but I'm realizing that it runs really easily, so I'm not sure how long it will last.
T




2 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

aww that's so lovely! I like the layering and it looks like it would flow really well. Hey you can dye it too if you want a different color later on!

I really want to start making skirts again this year. I need to restock!

Theresa Rohrer said...

I was actually thinking about dying some fabric, but if I do, I'll want to dye a lot of stuff at once. Otherwise it kinda seems like a waste of time. I also had such a hard time picking a color, that I could never narrow it down to just one, and ended up skipping the whole thing!